What do we offer?
Would you like to develop energy-efficient motors for unique pumps, which make a difference to people across the globe? Then we welcome you into our experienced team where our focus on quality, sustainability and professional expertise allows us to develop motors for the world’s most energy-efficient pumps. Join us to influence our product and technology development in an innovative environment.
In the Motor Design & Simulations department, your colleagues will primary be electrical engineers. Together, we are responsible for the electromagnetic design of all the motors in the Grundfos pumps, working on both development projects as well as general technological development. Thus, we act as representatives for motor design in various projects and also work closely with the global Grundfos production to ensure production-friendly designs. You refer to Senior Manager Pia S. Laursen.
” This is a highly experienced global team. Many of your colleagues have been with us for several years, and in the organization, we are a trusted and respected advisor on motor design. But we do not rest on our laurels. We keep developing our knowledge through sparring, knowledge sharing and helping each other – and we will also help you settle into your new position,” Pia explains.
What is the job about?
Just like the rest of your department, you will work on product development projects as well as participate in long-term technology development. Essentially, you will be responsible for the development of electric motors ensuring profitable designs in terms of cost and performance. Also, you look for new opportunities within motors and technology to maintain competitiveness. Focusing on the customer and collaboration, you:
- Work on simulation of electromagnetic motor design, validating simulation models
- Assess financial perspectives of the design
- Implement theoretical designs to practical solutions
- Recommend motor solutions in projects, influencing both the cost of the product and the need for investments
“In this position, you need to be able to work on both a theoretical and practical level to address both design and production. This is a special field to work in, and it can take up to a year to understand how everything works – but we will spar with you and pass on our knowledge,” Pia says.
What do you need to apply?
- You hold a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and have good experience with electromagnetic design of motors allowing you to convert your theoretical background into practical solutions
- You have advanced knowledge of IM - and PM-motors, analysis, design and simulation as well as Finite Element simulation skills.
- You have experience with electrical measuring techniques and tests.
- You have knowledge of motor production.
- You speak and write English effortlessly. It is a plus if you also speak Danish.
On a personal level, you take an analytical approach and have an eye for the detail. As we have production units across the globe, you thrive working in a global environment across borders and cultures. Being a team player, you help and challenge your colleagues to make a difference, and you are not afraid to seek knowledge outside your team. Finally, being innovative by nature, you look for improvement opportunities, and you never lose sight of the customer needs.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Senior Manager Pia S. Laursen on +45 87 50 45 34 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.